Diamonds are a girl’s best friend. There couldn’t be a better pairing for a diamond than being studded onto a platinum ring. This ring would undoubtedly, be one of the most precious belongings of any girl. Everyday chores, hand creams, showering or cooking could take away the shine and sparkle of your valuable ring.
Here, you can clean a platinum diamond ring:
Take a flexible-bristled toothbrush and apply some cleaner on to it. Gently clean the diamond with the brush to clear any layer of dirt that has developed on to the diamond. Make sure that you use a soft brush, as the hard ones can leave scratches on the stone. Once cleaned, wash the ring with tepid water and soak it with a soft cloth. Since, Platinum doesn’t lose its shine or color, unlike metal; this method would be sufficient to preserve it.
The Popular Ammonia Solution:
This is the most popular means of cleaning a diamond platinum ring. Follow the aforementioned steps to bring back luster to your ring:
- Boil two cups of water in a dish pan,
- Add two tablespoon of ammonia into it and simmer the water solution,
- Put your ring in boiling water for approximately 10 minutes,
- After 10 minutes, take out the ring using any item to grip it and let it cool down,
- Clean the ring softly with a toothbrush and put it back in the same solution for 5 minutes,
- Take out the ring from the solution and wash it with plain water.
If you follow these steps accurately, the outcome would be a gleaming platinum diamond ring that looks as if you bought it from a jewelry store today!
Some tips to keep your diamond ring appear sparkling and luminous on a regular basis:
- It is always a good idea to keep checking for the protection of the stone studded onto your rings. The prong must be in a good condition to maintain the look and fit of the diamond.
- Make sure you take off your ring prior to gardening or washing dishes.