One of the ideal choices you make for your engagement is opting for a marquise cut diamond engagement ring. The marquise cut is basically an oval cut diamond, which is long and slim. It tends to be nearer to your finger mainly due to its cut. Marquise cuts look beautiful on long and lean fingers as compared to short and wide ones.
Marquise diamond cuts are alternatively known as “Navette Cut”, having 50-58 facets. Whether you opt for an antique or vintage fashioned ring, every style looks good with a marquise cut diamond studded on it.
When buying a marquise cut diamond engagement ring, make sure you examine the stone based on the 4Cs criteria, like other diamonds.
- Diamond Cut: A marquise cut must be ideally between length to width ratios of 1.75 to 2.25 to keep up with the ‘bow-tie’ effect; any measurement close to this ratio is also acceptable;
- Diamond Color: It is recommended that you buy a marquise if its color is near to being colorless. however, if you want a fancy colored marquise cut, then the choice is yours;
- Diamond Clarity: Any flaws or impurities present become more evident in a marquise cut diamond. Thus, before buying, ensure that you check for the clarity quotient;
- Diamond Carat: Carat is not much of an issue because the cut and shape of a marquise diamond make it look larger than the carat weight.
Besides the 4Cs, there are many other considerations that need to be taken care of when buying a marquise cut diamond ring for your engagement:
- The prong setting for the diamond ring should be such that it holds the diamond sturdily and does not tamper its tip.
- Check if the marquise diamond is evenly cut from all sides and whether the curved sides match each other.
- The bow tie should not be over-prominent in its look,
- The diamond must be placed in the center of the metal band and should not be disproportionate.
- Prefer buying a marquise cut diamond ring from a renowned seller who is a specialist in this category of diamond cuts.
It is recommended that you ask for a certificate along with the marquise cut diamond engagement ring apart from warranties and guarantees. Make your choice sensibly, taking into account the above mentioned tips and recommendations.
For further information about diamonds vist AGINewYork.com