For many of you out there, buying diamond jewelry will be an entirely new experience, its entirely different form selling jewelry. It is absolutely normal to be excited and eager; but that doesn’t mean you should be overwhelmed by it. Before buying diamond jewelry, understanding its characteristics is imperative.
Go through the fundamentals below to perk up your shopping experience:
If you plan to wear the stone for a special occasion, like a wedding; a ring or wedding band would be the best option. Whereas, diamond for gift purposes should be in the form of a pendant, bracelet or multi-stone studded ring.
Have a clear budget in your mind before you go out to buy diamonds. Underestimating your budget might end up making you gloomy. Going out to a diamond jewelry store without planning a budget may leave you puzzled when confronted with a beautiful diamond jewelry piece. Always establish a budget before buying diamonds to avoid regretful occurrences.
When buying diamond jewelry, one comes across countless styles that are available in the marketplace. It is easy to pick and choose a particular style for oneself, but buying for someone else can be a complicated decision. Once you are clear in your head about the preferred type and budget, find answers to the following questions:
- What is the prevailing trend of diamond jewelry?
- What would suit the current wardrobe?
- Can my friends and family suggest me some good options?
Size of the Jewelry
Ring and bracelets must be bought according to a pre-measured size. This calculated approach is very important when buying expensive jewelry. Earring length must be kept in mind as special occasions might demand you to wear longer earrings. Buying necklaces can leave you in a fix, especially if the person you are buying for, is not with you during the purchase. In such cases, ask the jeweler if the jewelry can be exchanged to match the relevant size.
Assess the Diamond
Ordinarily, a diamond is assessed on 4 criteria, also called the four Cs:
- Diamond Cut: A diamond must be symmetrically cut in order for it to shine,
- Diamond Clarity: Look out for small blemishes and scratches which cannot be seen through naked eye,
- Diamond Color: A perfect diamond stone is uncolored,
- Diamond Carat: The size of a diamond reflects its value. The bigger the size, the higher the value.